Diagnosis . . . and dilemma
More news from the pinky front for those who care. On the way home from work tonight, while waiting for a bus, I idly checked my phone messages at home from my cell phone. I didn't really expect to have any. When the machine told me there had been a message left in the middle of the afternoon, I expected it to be the Blockbuster computer voice telling me that the movies I rented for my brother a couple of weeks ago hadn't been returned yet. But no, it was a real voice, a male voice I didn't recognize. When I heard the words (or word?) "MRI," I realized it was the hand surgeon. I couldn't get all of the message but what I heard was that he had gotten the results of my MRI, and that there was tendon damage, and something about follow-up care. I listened to the message again at home, eagerly anticipating some wise advice. But when I heard the whole message, I was dismayed to learn that the doctor was going to be away for the next ten days and was instructing me to check in with him when he got back on October 27th to make sure I was getting "the proper follow-up care." But, I am already having physical therapy, at his referral. Did he forget about that? What does this mean? Do I go see the physical therapist tomorrow or not? Will the physical therapy damage my finger (which already seems much worse since I heard those words "tendon damage") even more? Whom do I trust? I am full of alarm and foreboding and regret (why did I let that unknown woman on the volleyball court yank my finger back into place anyway?).
I left messages for both the doctor and the physical therapist but since it was 8:00 already couldn't get hold of anyone. Well, there was a woman from the doctor's answering service who was refreshingly flustered and motherly and took a message that she said she'd leave for the secretary. ("Ok, let me make sure I got that. 'Doctor returned her call, with results. Her question: She started physical therapy last week, should she continue?' "). She also took all three of my phone numbers.
I know this is quite a cliffhanger so I will post with more news as I get it.
And of course I know everything will be fine.
I left messages for both the doctor and the physical therapist but since it was 8:00 already couldn't get hold of anyone. Well, there was a woman from the doctor's answering service who was refreshingly flustered and motherly and took a message that she said she'd leave for the secretary. ("Ok, let me make sure I got that. 'Doctor returned her call, with results. Her question: She started physical therapy last week, should she continue?' "). She also took all three of my phone numbers.
I know this is quite a cliffhanger so I will post with more news as I get it.
And of course I know everything will be fine.
1 Comments:
Apna Showroom stockings for women are designed to offer elegance and comfort for daily wear or special occasions. Made with soft, stretchable fabric, they provide a snug fit while enhancing your outfit’s charm. Perfect for office wear, parties, or casual outings, these stockings add sophistication and style. Breathable and durable, they keep APNA SHOWROOM Shaligram Shivling - Gandaki River - Shaligram Stone - Black Shivling - Carved Shivling - 100g Shaligram - Spiritual Stone - Shiva Lingam - Religious Artifact - Shivling for Puja
Apna Showroom Gangajal Brass Kalash | Filled from 'Brahma Kund' Har Ki Pauri, Haridwar | Authentic Ganga Jal Lota | 250 ML
APNA SHOWROOM Rudraksha Mala 5 Panchmukhi Authentic Genuine Rudraksha Beads Ornament Rosary Japa Mala Beads Necklace Puja | Prayer (108+1) Beads | 8 mm Mala
you comfortable all day long. Apna Showroom stockings for women are versatile fashion essentials that complement skirts, dresses, or shorts, making them must-have accessories for every woman.
Post a Comment
<< Home