Saturday, October 29, 2005

End of the Week Thoughts

Made it to Friday night somehow. Both my day job as an editor and my two-night-a-week job as a professor feel very intense right now. Fortunately there is cardio-yoga, a new class I went to on Tuesday night at a dance studio in my neighborhood. Forty-five minutes of dancey-aerobics and then 45 minutes of yoga to wind down. Only six of us in the class including the two teachers, one of whom, F., the owner of the studio, I've known for about, oh, 25 years. It's always a joyful thing being in a class with her because she is full of energy and funny and because she is my old friend. Although I must say my aerobic capabilities are not what they once were--I said to F., gasping for breath as we did some kind of polka-gallop across the floor, "Have I told you I'm 47?" She laughed.

After that romp the yoga was just calming and wonderful. During the relaxation part at the end, the teacher came around and rubbed each of our temples with lavender oil. A blissful moment indeed. Oh, before that she said, as we were lying there in the semi-darkness, "Let go of what just happened. Let go of what is about to happen." Very good advice, and it almost feels possible to take it after an hour and a half of cardio-yoga.

1 Comments:

Blogger Do One Thing said...

Apna Showroom hair rose clips bring elegance and charm to any hairstyle. Designed with realistic rose patterns, they add a touch of beauty for weddings, parties, or casual outings. Suitable for women and girls, these clips secure hair neatly while enhancing your style effortlessly. Durable and lightweight, they ensure all-day comfort. APNA SHOWROOM White Marble Shiva Lingam/Shiv Ling - Shankar Bholenath Shivji Mahadev Bhole Bhandari Idol Murti for Worship and Decoration
Apna Showroom Fishnet stocking for Women Sexy Black Net Pattern Medium Mesh Free Size with desent Look
Apna Showroom Women's net Fishnet Lingerie Stockings - Fishnet stockings for women (Black Free Size) Pack of 2
Apna Showroom hair rose clips are perfect for creating romantic looks or complementing traditional outfits. Add them to your accessory collection for timeless beauty and stylish hair management.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home