Saturday, December 03, 2005

More gratitude

Why be grateful only once a year?

Today, I am grateful for:

1) Today itself. Somehow, serenity has seeped into my life for a few hours. The quietness of yoga, the calmness of my teacher who demonstrates the poses helpfully, without drama, scooting her lithe body into different places on the wooden floor so we can all see. The spaciousness of the room where we have class. The cold bright sunny day afterwards. Walking on the avenue looking for a birthday gift for my niece. The bookstore where I literally fell into the blue couch under the psychology section, a good place to rest and page through a few books, looking for insight. A nap on my own couch afterwards with the soporific influence of college football on TV in the background.

2) A pleasant evening last night with an intelligent and kind man who seemed to enjoy talking to me.

3) My sister, who came over last night after my early-evening date with the man described in #2 so we could watch the Knots Landing reunion together.

4) My long-time therapist, who, despite all the static and struggle I sometimes feel between us, manages to convey that he cares about me and respects me. Or perhaps what I am grateful for is my ability to perceive this.

5) Having dinner plans tonight.

(Speaking of which, I better go get ready.)

1 Comments:

Blogger jo(e) said...

Sounds like a peaceful day ....

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home