Resuming
It's a little lonely being away from the blogging world. So I will just check in to say that being 48 is okay so far. Anticipating it made me dizzy with fear, however, for about two days. Well, not so much the birthday as the feelings about what I don't have.
Here's what I do have: friends and family who love me. Two jobs that I like. Students who challenge me. The ability to read, think, write. Most of all, a roof over my head and food in the refrigerator.
I am grateful for all of this.
Here's what I do have: friends and family who love me. Two jobs that I like. Students who challenge me. The ability to read, think, write. Most of all, a roof over my head and food in the refrigerator.
I am grateful for all of this.
6 Comments:
And the blog! You forgot to put your blog on the list.
bihari: yes it is unnerving. Those kinds of feelings are with me often. But I am trying also to make peace with the way things are.
jo(e): yes, how could I forget the blog!
Happy birthday?
Happy Birthday!! Was afraid that you had stopped blogging.
Yes, happy birthday!
Interestingly, I find myself sometimes realizing that some of what I once thought I wanted, I really don't. Or at least don't need.
Of course, that might be because I really do have most of what I need and want. The rest, as Raymond Carver said in a different context, is gravy.
I'm happy to see you back, too!
Ooh! happy birthday!
Post a Comment
<< Home