Thank you!
Thanks, dear readers, for all the empathic comments on my last post and the birthday wishes. I do feel encouraged to keep up with the blog.
So, from Brooklyn, here is my news.
Tonight I had dinner with my older sister, whose birthday is tomorrow. We are 11 years apart in age but our birthdays are only a week apart so we often celebrate together. We had dinner at a restaurant not far from where I live that we both enjoy, one that has been there, we found out tonight, for 33 years. One of the pioneers of the exposed brick, bustling, modernish and unfussy variety but with exquisitely prepared fresh food. Also, if you are on their mailing list, you get a card in the mail around your birthday inviting you to have a free meal. We both had cards but we used mine since it was closer to expiring. When we spoke during the week to make plans, my sister said, "Maybe we'll get our favorite waittress, the one who called us, what was it, 'honey lovies,' last time." I said I couldn't remember if it was "honey lovies" or "sweetie honeys" but I also hoped that we would have her.
We did see her, and she greeted us expressively, but, alas, we were not seated in her station. It was a lovely meal anyway.
Walking back from the subway to my apartment at around 10, it felt like daytime even thought it was night. People are out more because it is warm, finally. I saw and greeted two people I know from around the neighborhood, one of whom teaches the yoga class I like to go to on Saturdays and which I went to today. I told her how much I had enjoyed the class and she told me how nice I looked.
So, from Brooklyn, here is my news.
Tonight I had dinner with my older sister, whose birthday is tomorrow. We are 11 years apart in age but our birthdays are only a week apart so we often celebrate together. We had dinner at a restaurant not far from where I live that we both enjoy, one that has been there, we found out tonight, for 33 years. One of the pioneers of the exposed brick, bustling, modernish and unfussy variety but with exquisitely prepared fresh food. Also, if you are on their mailing list, you get a card in the mail around your birthday inviting you to have a free meal. We both had cards but we used mine since it was closer to expiring. When we spoke during the week to make plans, my sister said, "Maybe we'll get our favorite waittress, the one who called us, what was it, 'honey lovies,' last time." I said I couldn't remember if it was "honey lovies" or "sweetie honeys" but I also hoped that we would have her.
We did see her, and she greeted us expressively, but, alas, we were not seated in her station. It was a lovely meal anyway.
Walking back from the subway to my apartment at around 10, it felt like daytime even thought it was night. People are out more because it is warm, finally. I saw and greeted two people I know from around the neighborhood, one of whom teaches the yoga class I like to go to on Saturdays and which I went to today. I told her how much I had enjoyed the class and she told me how nice I looked.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home