Summer Pleasures
I have been luxuriating in not having two jobs right now, since teaching is over for the summer. I love teaching, but it's nice to have some extra time and less stress.
What have I been doing? Having dinner with friends, going to barbecues (well, one, and we ate indoors because of the rain, but it was still a lovely, relaxing evening with some old friends and some newish ones and some entirely new people). Brunch on the spur of the moment (lots of eating, I guess!) with other friends and then lingering together on the bench outside where we ate, just chatting, no place to go, nowhere to be.
Lots of yoga for mental and spiritual and physical health. I have been noticing lately, in class, with whichever of my wonderful yoga teachers it is, how amazing it is when the teacher gently touches you and guides your back or your waist or your shoulders to bend ever so slightly more or differently. The touch is so soft that sometimes I almost don't feel it, but then something happens, my muscles are stretching in new ways, my body is relaxing into itself.
What have I been doing? Having dinner with friends, going to barbecues (well, one, and we ate indoors because of the rain, but it was still a lovely, relaxing evening with some old friends and some newish ones and some entirely new people). Brunch on the spur of the moment (lots of eating, I guess!) with other friends and then lingering together on the bench outside where we ate, just chatting, no place to go, nowhere to be.
Lots of yoga for mental and spiritual and physical health. I have been noticing lately, in class, with whichever of my wonderful yoga teachers it is, how amazing it is when the teacher gently touches you and guides your back or your waist or your shoulders to bend ever so slightly more or differently. The touch is so soft that sometimes I almost don't feel it, but then something happens, my muscles are stretching in new ways, my body is relaxing into itself.
2 Comments:
What a lovely post. You know what I like best about it? That last paragraph, ostensibly about your yoga instructors, could be equally applied to the post itself. Nice.
scrivener: thanks for the comment, glad you liked the post...
Post a Comment
<< Home