Under the Wire
Submitted my grades tonight at last, with an hour and a half to go before the midnight deadline. What would life be without a little drama?
I think I'm happy and relieved but I can't tell because I'm so tired. Probably I'll be happy tomorrow.
In other news, I played volleyball wearing my brand-new contact lenses--first ones ever--over the weekend. It was immensely freeing to be able to see everyone--and the ball--without wearing glasses. Of course, I had to endure comments like "must be those contacts" every time I missed a hit.
I think I'm happy and relieved but I can't tell because I'm so tired. Probably I'll be happy tomorrow.
In other news, I played volleyball wearing my brand-new contact lenses--first ones ever--over the weekend. It was immensely freeing to be able to see everyone--and the ball--without wearing glasses. Of course, I had to endure comments like "must be those contacts" every time I missed a hit.
7 Comments:
Every semester I vow to get those grades in well in advance.
Every semester I get in just under the deadline.
Worse for me...the deadline is 10:00 a.m. and I end up staying up all night (or sleep only a few hours) then get up to finish.
I swear it'll be different next time. I swear.
My daughter just started wearing contacts. Although she loves them, she finds them to be horribly fragile. She's already destroyed several of them, which are supposed to be good for a month. One ripped; one she accidentally sliced with a fingernail. I think one or two more got damaged in some way.
But I wish you luck with them!
majnuun and bitty: I guess everyone dreads submitting grades. I'm glad I'm not alone.
Bitty, re contacts, yes, they do seem kind of fragile. I can see I already have a tiny tear in the corner of one. but I'm having fun with them still...
Do you teach during the summer also?
The first couple days of wearing contacts are like magic....so fun! And once you get used to them, they're not so fragile. I haven't ripped one in over 10 years. (But don't ask about the first 2 months!)
jar: I don't teaching during the summer, so this is a nice break for me. Of course, I still have my other, full-time job, but I am enjoying having some time to myself in the evenings....
ppb: yes, I am getting more and more enamored of the contacts. I wore them for about ten hours straight yesterday. Tomorrow I see the doctor for a follow-up
Oh, I looove contacts, though right now I do want to have eye surgery done (when I have the money or insurance pays for it) because I've been wearing contacts for 17 years now and I think in the end the surgery will be cheaper. Plus, it'll be much more convenient :)
I had perfect eye-sight until I was 18, and I got contacts right away because I just don't like glasses. It's funny that my husband who has worn glasses since he was three only started wearing contacts in the past 3 years (his are SUPER expensive, though - toric and extra strength).
(sorry for the loong comment :)
Lilian: Don't be silly, I love long comments! I saw the eye doctor today and she said everything looked fine so they are going to order me a few-months' supply of lenses. The one problem with the contacts is that I can't read with them on so they are not great for work--I have to wear a pair of reading glasses on top of them, which seems to defeat the whole purpose. But they are great for sports and yoga--and going out. :).
Post a Comment
<< Home