Monday, January 14, 2008

Resolution Report

In the words of an infamously gabby former New York mayor, how am I doing?

Today, well into the first month of the new year, I managed to slap together a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to bring to work. (This falls into the category of managing my expenses better--bringing lunch instead of spending exorbitant amounts to buy it every day.)

It's a start anyway. Unfortunately I did not resist my desire to take a taxi home from dinner with a friend tonight, but I guess that the frugal lunch still counts for something in the big picture.

Hiking? yes, I've been going on hiking trips with the club I joined and also walking in the park on my own. I love being outside more.

Cutting back on TV? That hasn't really kicked in yet. I seem to be in some kind of odd phase where I just can't get enough Law and Order reruns in my life (and as we all know, there are many of them out there). Presumably this will pass. Or I will jettison the TV, or get rid of the cable.

Gratitude? It comes over me, at odd moments. Lately I have been grateful when things turn out in unexpected ways, not even necessarily "good" ways, but just surprising ways. Surprises can be bracing.

Maybe I'll explain more another time. For now, I'm going to act on another resolution: get enough sleep!

Peaceful dreams to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home