The Basics
In my quest for companionship of the opposite sex and whatever that might lead to, I have wearily taken to the internet dating sites again. There's one that asks you to name the five things you can't live without. It's all so tongue-in-cheek. In the past, I have written lists that included things like coffee, a good bookstore, red wine.
I find myself no longer able to enter into the tongue-in-cheek spirit of these lists. What can I not live without? Well, food, water, shelter, for starters. So that's what I wrote. I also wrote that I count myself among the fortunate to have those things.
So I guess this is another post about gratitude, although I am not feeling particularly grateful tonight--rather, frustrated, tired, sad, irritable. But I assume those feelings will pass, as they usually do.
As my mother used to say, "Tomorrow is another day." (I only found out years later that Scarlett O'Hara said this in Gone With the Wind, a movie that was shunned in my left-wing household as an "apology for the South." I don't think my mother knew that Scarlett said this.)
I find myself no longer able to enter into the tongue-in-cheek spirit of these lists. What can I not live without? Well, food, water, shelter, for starters. So that's what I wrote. I also wrote that I count myself among the fortunate to have those things.
So I guess this is another post about gratitude, although I am not feeling particularly grateful tonight--rather, frustrated, tired, sad, irritable. But I assume those feelings will pass, as they usually do.
As my mother used to say, "Tomorrow is another day." (I only found out years later that Scarlett O'Hara said this in Gone With the Wind, a movie that was shunned in my left-wing household as an "apology for the South." I don't think my mother knew that Scarlett said this.)

1 Comments:
Well, the one thing to be said for internet dating is that it usually makes for great stories to blog.
I had a friend who started to really enjoy the most awful dates because they made the funniest stories.
Post a Comment
<< Home