Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday Night: A Visual



I made this list for myself a little while ago of what I still need to do tonight (and tomorrow, during my lunch break at my main job) before I teach tomorrow night. Not too likely that all of it will get done. I am also trying to write a paper that needs to be ready for a conference I am leaving for on Thursday. I did write about a page--nine more to go.

My brain hurts.

Oh, and the injunction to myself not to take a nap was supposed to go under the "tonight" column, not the "tomorrow" column. So far I have been successful. Partly thanks to you all being out there to read this (so that I can amuse myself by writing it and get myself past that dangerous 5 - 6 p.m. Sunday period, when the call of the nap is almost irresistible).

So, thank you. And feel free to take a nap if you'd like.

9 Comments:

Blogger L said...

oh dear, how have you survived your Sunday night so far? maybe you're going to bed already... well, good luck with getting everything that you need accomplished! And I didn't take a nap either -- although my husband did (good thing, he had to drive back from Maryland tonight).

I'm glad you enjoyed my family's photo. My parents are indeed really very very sweet! :-)

10:40 PM  
Blogger jodi said...

I hope that you did well with your list. (My sleepy time is somewhere between 3 and 5 :/) Thanks for your note.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Sarah Sometimes said...

Thanks, Lilian and Jodi. Some of the list has been deferred to tonight. I did give up and go to bed pretty early that night; then last night I taught, but now I'm facing the list again. Very low energy, alas. And, Jodi, you're welcome--hope you are all doing okay.

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Todd said...

The note about the nap made me crack up. :)

9:22 PM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

I wish I was going to the conference with you!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Sarah Sometimes said...

Todd: Glad you got a laugh! It kind of cracked me up too when I looked at what I had written.

Jo(e): I wish you were, too! We'd have fun. Of course, it looks like I will be holed up in my hotel room for at least part of the time finishing my paper. I went out and bought a little netbook last night (which I am getting accustomed to right now) for that purpose.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Sarah Sometimes said...

Todd: Glad you got a laugh! It kind of cracked me up too when I looked at what I had written.

Jo(e): I wish you were, too! We'd have fun. Of course, it looks like I will be holed up in my hotel room for at least part of the time finishing my paper. I went out and bought a little netbook last night (which I am getting accustomed to right now) for that purpose.

10:20 PM  
Blogger YourFireAnt said...

I took a nap FOR you.

;-)

3:42 PM  
Blogger Sarah Sometimes said...

FA: Excellent--thanks for your help. :)

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home