Hardhats Only
Over the weekend my sister and I traveled to a nearby city to visit my niece, her husband, and their son, my most adorable greatnephew, who had just turned three. We had good weather and spent lots of time outside.
At the playground we went to today, A., my nephew (okay, I am just going to say "nephew" instead of "greatnephew") led us straight to the sandbox, where a number of trucks, his favorite things in the world (with the possible exception of trains and Curious George) were just waiting to be put to work. His dad proved an able assistant as A. used the digger to load the dump truck with sand. When I attempted to perch near his dad on the wall, A. told me, sternly, that I was in the construction site and could not be there.
It was a lovely weekend.

5 Comments:
When I was a kid, I spent hours playing trucks in the sand with my brother. Just looking at that photo brings back memories.
jo(e): Glad I brought you some memories!
Hmmm... I could be 100% wrong, but that playground looks sooo familiar to me. Is the neighboring city a couple of hours away going South, located in between two rivers & does the neighborhood's name, by any chance, have a nut and a hill in it? :)
I could just have asked this more straightforwardly, but I'll along with the pseudonymous nature of your blog (OK, Jo(e)'s even more) & it was also fun. ;)
P.S. I don't know why I missed reading/commenting on this post since it's over 10 days old.
Lilian: Ha! You are 100% correct! So now you can picture the very street we were strolling upon. In fact, I sometimes forget you no longer live in that area and think, oh, it would be fun to try to see Lilian sometime when I am visiting. My niece lives not in the actual town where the playground is but in that general area, about five minutes or ten minutes away by car.
wow... it was that playground!! I really do have a photographic memory for places.
From 2005-2007, once a month I used to go to a La Leche League meeting in a neighborhood nearby (which has Mountain and A in the name) -- all because I wanted to meet two bloggers in person (Marta & Jo). After the meeting I'd come to this park with the boys (when it was open because on school days it's closed to the public -- except for that area in the photo) and also go play in the toy store up the street.
Then, in 2007, we moved 10 miles up that very road and we came a few more times. just reading your comment and thinking about this makes me sooooo nostalgic! Sigh... for my younger boys, for Philly.
Post a Comment
<< Home