Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Revised

I can't tell if jo(e) is teasing me or not when she says hyphens are not allowed in Fib poems, but, since the hyphen does look ugly, here's a revision, well, really, an alternate version, of the poem (and I use the term loosely) from yesterday's post.

Does
it
mean the
waiter likes
you if he pretends
to hit you with the menu? My
friend was impressed. "I've never seen that before," she said.

7 Comments:

Blogger jo(e) said...

What? Are you doubting that I am not the ultimate authority on everything?

8:34 PM  
Blogger Sarah Sometimes said...

Now I'm really confused. I'm not sure if I'm doubting that you're not or doubting that you are....Did you put that double negative in just to confuse me?

9:48 PM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

Oh, I guess I did use a double negative. Have I lost all credibility now?

11:13 PM  
Blogger Bardiac said...

Not at all! You're just using historically appropriate English; we used to be able to use double negatives for emphasis just like pretty much every other lanugage out there.

You're just going back to what works!

So have no doubts: Jo(e) IS the ultimate authority!

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the waiter likes you. And I have no opinions on hyphens.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Bitty said...

I think the waiter likes you. More importantly, do YOU like the waiter?

12:20 PM  
Blogger Sarah Sometimes said...

Bitty: ah yes, that's the question I always lose sight of in these situations...

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home