Thursday, November 06, 2008

Autumn in New York

To calm us all down after the excitement of this week, here are some lovely pictures I took last Sunday while walking through the park in my neighborhood. As usual, I had trouble picking one or two, so you get several. They're chronological, a record of my circle around the park on the first of those shortened afternoons that come with the return to Standard Time.















5 Comments:

Blogger YourFireAnt said...

Yeah. Nice. I was tempted to include photos with my blog posts, but the temptation to post ONLY photos was so great that I made myself a new blog altogether, and THAT has only photos.

You can get to it by clicking on my profile.

FA

1:28 PM  
Blogger Sarah Sometimes said...

FA: Thanks, I'll check it out!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Bitty said...

I really need to get back here to your blog more often.

This is, of course, not what non-New Yorkers like me think of when they think of New York (even though I know that NY does indeed have splendid parks). I'm going to have to get there someday.

Have you lived there all your life?

It's all, every bit of it, lovely.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

Beautiful photos of a glorious park. One of many the things I love about New York is how New Yorkers make the fullest use of any public outdoor space, even the tiniest spots. I always think of the benches on the islands in the middle of Broadway on the Upper West Side. I've even sat there with a quick lunch from Gray's Papaya when I've visited.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Sarah Sometimes said...

Bitty: yes, come by early and often! glad you enjoyed the pictures. I have indeed lived here all my life. I grew up in Brooklyn, where I still live, but in a different area in Brooklyn. And, yes you must visit (the city, not just my blog).

Terry: Thanks for the comment. Yes, that is true about we New Yorkers--we gravitate to those open spaces, no matter how minute.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home