Who Needs Sleep, Anyway?
Posting just to remind myself (and you all) that I have a blog! These weeks have been very busy, and starting tomorrow things will get even busier.
For the rest of the semester, I will be teaching two classes in the evening at the college where I teach part-time. That's two sections, which each meet for two nights, but not the same two nights. So, until mid-December, I am teaching every night except Friday, on top of my other, full-time job, which is nine to five. I am doing this because there was an emergency opening and I was asked to fill in. It's a little crazy but somehow it felt right to say yes. The two classes are very different--one is a junior-level literature class, mostly majors, and the other, the one I'm picking up, is the intro to lit class that is the prerequisite for taking all other English classes. Both should be fun. And, hey, there's something restful (paradoxically) about knowing one's evenings are all planned for the next two and a half months....
Wish me luck.
For the rest of the semester, I will be teaching two classes in the evening at the college where I teach part-time. That's two sections, which each meet for two nights, but not the same two nights. So, until mid-December, I am teaching every night except Friday, on top of my other, full-time job, which is nine to five. I am doing this because there was an emergency opening and I was asked to fill in. It's a little crazy but somehow it felt right to say yes. The two classes are very different--one is a junior-level literature class, mostly majors, and the other, the one I'm picking up, is the intro to lit class that is the prerequisite for taking all other English classes. Both should be fun. And, hey, there's something restful (paradoxically) about knowing one's evenings are all planned for the next two and a half months....
Wish me luck.

4 Comments:
In case you thought that was an excuse for not blogging, it's not. It's just context.
;-)
FA
Oh, that sounds crazy busy. But it will certainly make the semester go by quickly.
Hey, it looks like I might be coming to Big City Like No Other for a visit in early January ....
Good luck!
Any particularly good books you'll get to teach?
FA: Okay,I stand corrected. Maybe I'll try blogging in my sleep. :)
Jo(e): That it will. Pretty soon it will be January--and I'll get to see you in BCLNO! That's great that you're coming.
Clowncar: The syllabus I inherited has me teaching Kate Chopin's The Awakening and Shakespeare's The Tempest, both of which should be fun. Other than that, it's poetry, which I can choose myself. Have to do some thinking about that. But not now--have to go to bed because I'm sick. I hope I survive this schedule!
Post a Comment
<< Home