Monday, January 05, 2009

Grades are Due at Midnight Tonight

So, guess what I'll be doing for the next ten hours or so? And, just as I was starting to write this entry, guess what symphony by Schubert the classical-music station I have on in the background started playing???? Weird, huh?

Hope to be back blogging more regularly once this is all over.

Meanwhile, happy new year and good thoughts to all of you out there.

7 Comments:

Blogger BrightBoy said...

Sorry you're so busy. Do you at least have a long break?

And I don't know anything about classical music, so that reference went completely over my head.

Is there a symphony about grading papers? I'm guessing not.

10:52 AM  
Blogger YourFireAnt said...

Probably #8, The Unfinished...

Non?

FA

happy new year you too. You've got Jo(e) down there at the moment; send her back! ;-)

3:52 PM  
Blogger Clowncar said...

10 hours of grading papers? Yikes.

The reference is over my head as well. A not uncommon occurrence.

Hpe you have a fulfilling new year.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Sarah Sometimes said...

Dear all, thanks for the comments! I finished at 11:05 last night, 55 minutes before the deadline. What a relief. Actually I'm just starting to feel the relief now--last night I was still too stressed.

blackened boy: your question made me laugh! perhaps there should be a symphony about grading papers. See FA's comment, below yours, for the answer.

I have about a three-week break now, from the teaching gig. Still have my day job, though. But it will be nice to have evenings free for a little bit.

FA: Yup, you hit it on the head. Schubert's Unfinished. Jo(e)? Sorry, I'm keeping her. :)

Clowncar: Yikes indeed. It was a grueling day, but now it's over. I wish you, too, a happy and fulfilling and peaceful year.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

Took me a moment, but I guessed The Unfinished Symphony too. Glad the grading is done; when I taught, that was probably the most onerous part of the gig. Happy new year to you, Ms. Sometimes.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Sarah Sometimes said...

Terry: Thanks. Yes, I'm glad it's over. For now.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home