Sunday, November 13, 2011

Loss

My beloved father passed away a little over two weeks ago, at the age of 89. I am very sad but holding on.

At the funeral service, the rabbi said that we are not meant to understand this, that the mystery of life and death is beyond us. That is very much how I feel.

11 Comments:

Blogger L said...

Oh dear friend! I'm so so sorry. :(

I've been wondering how you've been doing. Thanks for letting us know. I wish I could be closer or that there was something I could do. My heart goes out to you right now through this computer and this comment. I'll be thinking of you.

1:14 AM  
Anonymous susan said...

Oh, Sarah, I'm so sorry.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Sarah Sometimes said...

Dear Lilian, Susan, and Anonymous (Joy?), thank you so much for your messages. It is comforting to hear from you.

10:29 AM  
Blogger YourFireAnt said...

This is hard.

(o)

3:42 PM  
Blogger Clowncar said...

So sad to hear. I lost my mom last year. I see you posted this a couple weeks back - I don't check blogs very often anymore. Hope you are doing alright.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Sarah Sometimes said...

FA, Clowncar: Thank you both for writing. It has been a sad time for me, but I am holding on. Some days I feel incredibly weighed down, other days lighter.

12:31 PM  
Blogger jodi said...

I am so sorry. Hugs and deepest sympathy to you.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Sarah Sometimes said...

Jodi: Gratefully accepted--thank you.

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, I just read this and so sorry about your father. I remember your stories of about him fondly.

This is Joy (Mary Ann) from Ms. Flamingo... haven't written there in two years... I haven't been around the blog-sphere lately but I've thought of you often.

Wishing you the best,
Mary Ann aka Joy

3:13 PM  
Blogger Sarah Sometimes said...

MaryAnn, thank you for writing. It helps to hear from people. And I hope you are doing well.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home