Fine, Thanks, and You?
It has been a long time, dear bloggy friends, but here I am, more or less thriving in upstate New York. This is the month or six weeks that I travel a lot for work. I have just come back from a trip that took me to a conference in a tropical location, where I got to see some friends that live there, take a three-day vacation on a beautiful beach, and then work the conference for three or so days before flying back to the north. That was a nice trip.
In a couple of days I have another conference, in a more prosaic northeastern location. In between I have had some meetings and presentations and another one tomorrow morning for which I could be more prepared.
Because I seem to have wrenched my shoulder carrying too much luggage to the tropical place, I am sitting here typing somewhat awkwardly, with a cold compress on my shoulder. In addition to taking ibuprofen for my shoulder, I am taking antibiotics because of a dental procedure that I had two days ago. I have to keep eating so I can take the antibiotics, which is unfortunate because I had been making some progress in losing weight. The pills are making me sleepy, and I feel a bit like it is all too much. But also like it will be all right.
I am going to go to bed soon, so I can get up early and finish preparing for my presentation.
With the ending of Daylight Savings Time, it suddenly feels like winter. I went to work today, a Sunday, to try to catch up on some things, and out the windows of little building where I work, I could see, somehow, that it was cold out. The colors were bright, but then night came quickly.
That's all for now.
In a couple of days I have another conference, in a more prosaic northeastern location. In between I have had some meetings and presentations and another one tomorrow morning for which I could be more prepared.
Because I seem to have wrenched my shoulder carrying too much luggage to the tropical place, I am sitting here typing somewhat awkwardly, with a cold compress on my shoulder. In addition to taking ibuprofen for my shoulder, I am taking antibiotics because of a dental procedure that I had two days ago. I have to keep eating so I can take the antibiotics, which is unfortunate because I had been making some progress in losing weight. The pills are making me sleepy, and I feel a bit like it is all too much. But also like it will be all right.
I am going to go to bed soon, so I can get up early and finish preparing for my presentation.
With the ending of Daylight Savings Time, it suddenly feels like winter. I went to work today, a Sunday, to try to catch up on some things, and out the windows of little building where I work, I could see, somehow, that it was cold out. The colors were bright, but then night came quickly.
That's all for now.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home