Wednesday, September 04, 2019

A Few Years Later

Wow, this blogging thing has kind of gone out the window, hasn't it? Someone I know posted a link to her blog, and it happened to be on blogspot, and then I saw that my option to comment identified me by my blog name, and then I remembered this dear neglected venue.

Well, here I am, still in Upstate City, and pretty happy here. Now, when I can, I play the piano. I have been taking lessons for about a year and a half, picking up from where I left off around 40-something years ago. I love it. I love the routine of it, the discipline, the feeling of my skills coming back. It's hard to find the time to practice as much as I would like to--it seems like the week goes by and then it's time for my lesson again and I've practiced not 5 or 6 days but 3 or 4 and I feel a little stressed about going to my lesson. And then I remember, I am an adult, this is for me, there's nothing to feel bad about. And I always enjoy the lesson, no matter what, and come out of it energized and happy.

My first piano lesson of the new, fall season is on Monday, a few days away. And before that, on the weekend, I am going hiking in the mountains with J., my beau. So, a good few days coming up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home