Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Party Report

So, not only did I bring food for the last-class party my students had requested but practically every single student brought something. We had a cornucopia of junk food: cookies, Entenmann's cupcakes, lots and lots of chips and popcorn, chocolates, candy canes (not peppermint but some updated version in flourescent colors like orange and yellow and pink), soda, orange juice. Everyone gathered around and opened bags and laid things out on my teacher's desk and some of the other chair-desks. I thought, oh, this is going well, but then they all retreated back to their seats with their food and sat in their usual little groups and chatted. I tried a couple of times to get us all talking about something but they weren't buying. So then I just went around and visited the little groups, some of which seemed more open to talking to the teacher than others. Some of the students wanted to take pictures of me with their camera phones, alone or with them. That was sweet.

So it was a good party in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home