The View from the Trolley
.jpg)
Above, a lucky shot with my new digital camera. This was in New Orleans, last week, where I was attending a conference. My colleagues and I were done with the conference for the day, and goofing around happily on the trolley as we fled the conference hotels for our dinner plans in the French Quarter. Then I looked out the window and saw this, and snapped it. A second later the trolley had moved on, past the three guys shooting the breeze by the river on a lazy New Orleans late afternoon. But here they are, for you.

4 Comments:
Oh, lovely! The epitome of Lazy Summer Day. Great shot.
FA
So the blog will now be illustrated? I hope, I hope! Especially considering where you live, where the sights are as exotic as India to those of us who live in Suburbiaville! And I'd love to see them through your eyes.
How was New Orleans? I was only there once, and only for a few hours, during an Amtrak layover. It was the June just before the hurricane, and what little I saw, I loved.
Someday I will attend that conference again and we will meet. ;)
Oh! Photos on the blog now! I'm looking forward to more.
Thanks, all! I'll try to keep up the photo commentary. Perhaps some pictures of the subway would be in order.... Bitty, I enjoyed New Orleans a lot. Downtown and in the French Quarter, you can't see much evidence of the hurricane's devastation, but I know many areas are still suffering. And I go to that conference almost every year, so if you ever do go again, it's likely I'll be there and we can meet.
Post a Comment
<< Home