Saturday, May 12, 2012

Your Opinions, Please!

So dear readers, I have decided to read at an open mic (why do people spell it that way when you say "mike," I wonder) event sponsored by a professional organization I have been active with lately. What will I read? Excerpts from the blog, of course. I am very protective of my identity with relation to the blog, so I will probably say I am reading from a memoir or something like that. I have all of five minutes, so can't read very much--maybe two shortish entries or one medium-size or longer. And, since so much of this has been about my family, especially my father and my brother, I thought I might pick something, or a couple of things, on that topic. I would love suggestions and advice from anyone who has been reading, though. What would you like to hear read, if you could be there? If you have a thought, please share it in the comments or send me a note. This is that great opportunity for procrastination you have been waiting for!

And . . . thank you.

4 Comments:

Blogger jo(e) said...

That piece that you wrote about coming home on the train and reading a Walt Whitman poem? (I would link to it, but I can't find it ....)

There was another post, too, where you were on a train and had the receipt but not the ticket, and the conductor punched holes in it so it looked like a frown.

And an early post about a conversation with a cab driver.

I guess those are the type pieces I like the best -- chance encounters on public transportation in the city. Maybe it's because I live in the country and drive my own car to work.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Sarah Sometimes said...

Thanks, jo(e)! Yes, that has been a whole other theme of this blog, the chance encounters on public transportation. Maybe I will go with that one. Less emotional than father and brother...

4:42 PM  
Blogger Lilian said...

oh dear, I love an opportunity for procrastination & I've been a faithful reader, but, sorry, I think Jo(e) is a much better judge of blog posts. I'd love to have time to go back to the archives and check some of the beautiful things you've written, but, alas, my son's birthday party is tomorrow and I have to get things ready!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Sarah Sometimes said...

Lilian, thank you for wanting to help! You have indeed been a faithful reader. Have a fun birthday party tomorrow. (I will have to go check your blog to see which son it is!)

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home