By Popular Demand . . .
Here are some more pictures from my trip to Spain last month. The two below were both taken on the first day we hiked. You can see how dramatic the landscape was--the slightly overcast day made it even more dramatic. Our guide informed us that the whole area was once underneath the Mediterranean Sea, and that the rocky formations were shaped the way they are because of the waves beating against them for thousands of years.


Below are two pictures taken the next day, a much sunnier and clearer day. We got to see lots of beautiful wildflowers, like the ones in the second picture, throughout the trip.


And, finally, below, on the last hiking day, some of the group thought it only fitting to take a siesta after lunch, since we were, after all, in Spain. Most of the group, including these three, had already hiked nine miles before lunch. Oh, and to get to where we had lunch, at a mountaintop sanctuary, we had had to climb a stone stairway, about 400 steps. Hard work but so worth it when you got to the top.


Below are two pictures taken the next day, a much sunnier and clearer day. We got to see lots of beautiful wildflowers, like the ones in the second picture, throughout the trip.


And, finally, below, on the last hiking day, some of the group thought it only fitting to take a siesta after lunch, since we were, after all, in Spain. Most of the group, including these three, had already hiked nine miles before lunch. Oh, and to get to where we had lunch, at a mountaintop sanctuary, we had had to climb a stone stairway, about 400 steps. Hard work but so worth it when you got to the top.
3 Comments:
Lovely lovely lovely! I especially like the one with chicory in the foreground, abandoned cabin/house/shack in the background.
I can't imagine hiking up that path so close to a S H E E R D R O P OFF.
;-}
FA: thank you! it's been nice to relive the trip by posting the pictures, so thanks for encouraging me.
and now, I know that that pale purplish flower is chicory...
re: sheer dropoffs, do you mean those paths winding along the cliffs in the first pic? I don't think we ever actually hiked those, just saw those from a distance. I guess in the one with the two women, they are standing pretty close to a dropoff, though. I kept a little farther away from the edges myself!
Very nice! Thank you for those.
I want so badly to ride my mountain bike on that trail in the first picture. Le Sigh.
Post a Comment
<< Home