Friday, July 18, 2008

Where I'm Happy



Here's a shot of the volleyball crowd I sometimes play with on Wednesday nights. It changes every week but some people are regulars, so I kind of know them, and everyone is friendly and in love with volleyball, as I am. I've written about this game before. Sometimes after work I think I am too tired to trudge the mile or so from my office to where we play, but then when I arrive and start playing, I am taken far away from everything, all the worries and sadness of the day. And I think, if I could just play volleyball twenty-four hours a day, wouldn't that be great.

The picture above doesn't show how lovely it is where we play, alongside the Hudson River as the sun is setting. You have to look at the picture below for that.



Tomorrow I take off for Spain. Not that I'm packed or anything. But experience tells me I will somehow get myself onto the plane in time. I'm excited!

Think good thoughts for me, and I'll post when I'm back.

3 Comments:

Blogger YourFireAnt said...

What an evocative neighborhoody feeling I get from this post. The photos are great. You have captured the moments of contented activity and camaraderie, the place of daydreaming, and all its attendant relaxings. Next time I'm in N.Y. can I play volleyball with you guys?

;-)

8:25 AM  
Blogger Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

Have a lovely trip! I totally get your statement about thinking you're too tired to play, but once you're there you're transported. As a decidedly more louche example, I occasionally get out for live music in the middle of the week. All the way to whatever venue, I ask myself why I'm doing this. When I hear the first guitar chord, I know why.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Sarah Sometimes said...

FA: Of course, you must come play volleyball!

Terry: Thanks for the good wishes. I am back and had a great time....

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home