Thursday, September 11, 2008

Synchronicity

I opened the Times today to the Op-Ed page and was startled to see the oddly familiar-seeming photo accompanying this essay.

Make sure to click on the photo to enlarge it.

It's a sad, odd day here in Manhattan. Lots of tourists downtown, more than usual. There are Mennonites singing about Jesus and cops leaning against blue sawhorses, yawning. The mundane mixed with the reminders that today is different. I want to remember and I don't want to remember.

6 Comments:

Blogger jo(e) said...

That's almost creepy about the photo.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Sarah Sometimes said...

jo(e): well, it's something all right--maybe not creepy but Jungian. you know, univeral unconscious and all that.

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I may be slow, but I just realized that the picture you took is exactly the same (even minus the Twin Towers) as the one in that article.

Now I see what you mean about synchronicity.

That's really surreal. I need to pay closer attention, apparently.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Sarah Sometimes said...

Todd: thanks for the comment. don't worry, I don't expect others to be as minutely tuned into everything I post as I (for example) might be. (!) nature of the beast and all that. but glad you were overtaken by the synchronicity of it all. I wrote a not to the artist, by the way, via the gallery that shows his work, and got a nice note back.

8:46 PM  
Blogger YourFireAnt said...

As they say, "great minds.....".

Yours is better, though

FA

5:09 PM  
Blogger Sarah Sometimes said...

FA: thanks...

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home