Fib Poem
For my two favorite students:
We
are
tired,
the three of
us. It's late, after
class. But they wait with me for the
right train, the one that takes me all the way to Brooklyn.
For all you textual scholars and linguists out there, I am treating "tired" as having two syllables. What do you think?
We
are
tired,
the three of
us. It's late, after
class. But they wait with me for the
right train, the one that takes me all the way to Brooklyn.
For all you textual scholars and linguists out there, I am treating "tired" as having two syllables. What do you think?

4 Comments:
So, then is it tie red? or tie yerd?
FA
FA: tie yerd, definitely! Thanks for commenting.
It has never occurred to me before that "tired" didn't have two syllables!
Tie yerd!
Bitty--I guess I was thinking maybe if one were British one would say . . . "Taird" . . . all in one syllable? thanks for the support for the two-syllable pronunciation. wouldn't want to throw off my meter.
Post a Comment
<< Home