Waiting again
Tonight it seems like there really might be a strike. Again, I am so tired I would almost welcome it (because I would stay home from work), selfish as that is of me.
I still have lots of my students' research papers to grade. Tonight I was supposed to meet with someone to exchange our students' portfolios (a requirement where I teach) but he called me to see if we could postpone because he was feeling exhausted. I had no trouble granting that request since I, too, am exhausted.
After work I graded a couple of papers (lying on the couch of course) and then fell asleep to the TV station NY 1 running the same news over and over again. Somewhere in my sleep I heard Roger Touissant's voice speaking passionately and bitterly. "Tired, tired, tired. . . . " he was saying. Yes, I thought.
I still have lots of my students' research papers to grade. Tonight I was supposed to meet with someone to exchange our students' portfolios (a requirement where I teach) but he called me to see if we could postpone because he was feeling exhausted. I had no trouble granting that request since I, too, am exhausted.
After work I graded a couple of papers (lying on the couch of course) and then fell asleep to the TV station NY 1 running the same news over and over again. Somewhere in my sleep I heard Roger Touissant's voice speaking passionately and bitterly. "Tired, tired, tired. . . . " he was saying. Yes, I thought.
2 Comments:
I just handed my grades in. It's such a relief to have them done.
I am looking forward to that feeling!
Post a Comment
<< Home