Strike Notes
Today was Day 2, as the newscasters keep portentously announcing. Yesterday I worked at home and that was a nice break for me. Today, though, I joined the brigades of Brooklyn Bridge walkers to get to my office. Well, I got a ride part of the way in, but I walked all the way home, about four miles maybe. It took me two hours, 4:30 to 6:30. Got to see the sunset from the Brooklyn Bridge, which was lovely and inspiring. The best part, though, was being greeted by our gregarious borough president Marty Markowitz as we approached the Brooklyn side.
"Welcome to Brooklyn," he boomed. "Everything's all right, you're back in Brooklyn. You're home."
I'ts nice to hear that once in awhile.
"Welcome to Brooklyn," he boomed. "Everything's all right, you're back in Brooklyn. You're home."
I'ts nice to hear that once in awhile.

1 Comments:
When I was watching the news coverage of the strike, which showed people walking over the bridge, I thought of you.
Post a Comment
<< Home