Still Here
What a reticent blogger I have become! Sometimes life just takes over. Lots of obligations and stress these last six weeks. But also some pleasures: dinners with friends, a visitor from out of town, fleetingly warm weather.
Tonight I made it to yoga for the first time in a couple of weeks. As soon as I walked into the studio, I could feel the stress start to leave my body, and a kind of relief take over. This is a new branch of the studio I usually go to, and everything is brand-new, very clean and cheerful and welcoming. Orange-painted walls, little candles and displays eveywhere, gleaming wood floors, and big, big windows, lots of sunlight today. I said to the guy signing people in, "I'm so happy, and I'm not even in class yet."
I continued to feel happy and grateful all through class.
It was a bit of a reprieve, because then I had lots of work to do when I came home. And I am not done, and am not sure how I am going to finish grading the papers I need to grade tomorrow. But I think I have to go to bed now.
See, mostly the usual stuff.
More soon.
Tonight I made it to yoga for the first time in a couple of weeks. As soon as I walked into the studio, I could feel the stress start to leave my body, and a kind of relief take over. This is a new branch of the studio I usually go to, and everything is brand-new, very clean and cheerful and welcoming. Orange-painted walls, little candles and displays eveywhere, gleaming wood floors, and big, big windows, lots of sunlight today. I said to the guy signing people in, "I'm so happy, and I'm not even in class yet."
I continued to feel happy and grateful all through class.
It was a bit of a reprieve, because then I had lots of work to do when I came home. And I am not done, and am not sure how I am going to finish grading the papers I need to grade tomorrow. But I think I have to go to bed now.
See, mostly the usual stuff.
More soon.
6 Comments:
google ate my comment 'cause I wasn't logged in :(
I hope you have a restful night and that tomorrow the papers can get graded somehow. ;)
A little warm weather goes a long way. :) Glad you had a good yoga session!
Thank you Lilian and Mary Ann--nice to know my faithful readers are still out there!
You're welcome. I like that- Faithful Reader. :)
When bloglines closed, I had to switch to Google Reader. Blah to GR! BUT it let me know you updated your blog, so that is good!
Sarah, is your yoga studio in your neighborhood? or near your office?
It sounds like spring is farther along in NYC than here.
--Faithful Reader
;-)
FA: The yoga studio I go to has two branches, both in Brooklyn and fairly near to me. One I can walk to and one is a bus ride away. It got cold again here after I wrote this post but now, thankfully, I think warm weather is more or less really here.
Post a Comment
<< Home