Friday, January 06, 2006

Lost and Found

Sometimes things get, well, mislaid in my not so orderly apartment. I seem to find them when I am looking for something else. Tonight while I was looking for the nighttime splint for my injured pinky (yes, I know, I haven't kept the pinky chronicles up to date), I just happened to see something silver glinting at the edge of a bookshelf just above eye level. Could it be the silver earrings I had given up as lost? Why would I ever have put them there? But yes, there they were, good as new, back from their little jaunt into nowhere.

Finding them settled me down enough to stop my fruitless searching for the splint (small white plastic cone, easy to miss). Then, when I sat down at the computer, I just happened to peek under a pile of papers. Very casual. Voila, the splint. Now I can go to bed.

Papers? Graded, but I still have to figure out the students' final grades for the class and submit them. Tomorrow, I hope.

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home